Alicia Reddin is a Democratic Candidate for State Representative for the 22nd Middlesex District (Billerica). A North Billerica resident, Alicia, along with her husband Michael and her children Rosalie and Gabriel, chose Billerica as the community to settle and raise their family.
Alicia is District Director of Veteran Services for the communities of Saugus, Melrose and Wakefield. In her role, Alicia assists Veterans in those communities get the benefits and services they need. A veteran of the U.S. Navy, she worked as a heavy equipment operator doing demolition aiding humanitarian projects across the South Pacific.
She has been involved in public service since 2006, serving both the communities she works for and Billerica. As an active Rotarian, she has volunteered countless hours fundraising and supporting the initiatives of Rotary International. Locally, she is a Town Meeting Representative and a member of the Hajjar Parents' Association. She is passionate about making positive changes for Veterans and works tirelessly for their families across Massachusetts; most recently in partnership with local Congressional offices.
When asked why she is interested in running for elected office Alicia said the following, "When I enlisted in the Navy I took an oath, the very same oath that so many before me had taken, 'support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic,' and I will continue to honor that oath. I stand against hate, inequality, misogyny, xenophobia, and oppression."
It is because of this that we know Alicia will bring fresh ideas and focus on bi-partisan policies to support infrastructure, education, and overall health in Billerica.
- Bachelor of Arts in Human Development & Psychology | Lesley University
- Masters of Education in Curriculum & Instruction | Northeastern University
- Ph.D. Candidate in Educational Studies, Adult Learning & Development | Lesley University
Certifications & Professional Affiliations
- Notary Public, Commission Expires March 9, 2023
- Executive Board Member and Chairman of VSO Training, Massachusetts Veteran Services Officers Association
- Past Vice President, Northeast Massachusetts Veteran Services Officers Association
- Junior Vice-President, VFW Auxiliary Post 8819
- Member, Board of Advisors for Boys & Girls Club of Stoneham/Wakefield
- Member, Massachusetts Servicemember Post Deployment Council
- Member, Rotary International – Paul Harris Fellow
- Member, American Legion
- Member, Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America
- Member, American Association for Adult and Continuing Education
- Member, Association for Continuing Higher Education
- Member, Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- Member, National Academic Advising Association
- Member, National Women’s Studies Association